Jobs at OBP
RESERVATION AND LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (posted November 22, 2014)
Off the Beaten Path has an immediate, full-time position for a Reservations and Logistics Specialist in our Custom Travel Services department. Qualified candidates are career oriented and motivated to play a key role in a growing company. Proven customer service experience, attention to details and strong aptitude for multi-tasking are important. Strong computer skills necessary in a networked, cloud-based system environment that utilizes Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with an affinity for a team-focused atmosphere are essential. Must be highly organized and task oriented. Genuine love of travel, knowledge of the Desert Southwest and Rocky Mountain regions, with an affinity for the importance of travel as a critical element of a life well-lived are essential. Competitive salary and benefits are available. Please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Reservation & Logistics Specialist is responsible for reservations and bookings for group and custom journeys, journey logistics and fulfillment. This includes but is not limited to the following:
• Prepare reservations and bookings for accommodations, activities, guides, transportation, and meals, as well as data entry for current and future journeys. Process and fulfill client travel documents and forms.
• Understand trip price and cost modeling as it relates to reservation payables and commission. System input of these travel elements will be required.
• Establish and develop good working relationships with providers, including negotiation of terms, commissions and contracts. Filing and organization of provider and trip files is required.
• Sensitivity and attention to detail as it relates to critical dates and reservations essential to a trip.
• Coordinate and communicate, both written and oral correspondence with providers, clients, and regional planners.
• Prepare gear and trip materials for journeys.
Candidate must have previous office experience and preferably experience in the travel industry and reservations and bookings. Candidate must have excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills. Position requires attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and a positive "can-do" attitude. Highly competent and efficient with computer applications including CRM enterprise system and Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary dependent upon experience.