TRAVEL ADVISOR SALESPERSON (posted April 17, 2015)
Off the Beaten Path has an immediate, full-time position for a Travel Advisor in our Sales Department. This is a career opportunity within a growing company! We are looking for someone who is sales minded, organized, attune to details, and passionate about people, life and travel! Excellent communication skills, computer skills, customer focus, and the ability to multi-task in a team environment are essential. Office and computer experience in a networked organization using Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook are required. Must be highly organized and very detail oriented. A proven sales record and client relationship building are intended for this role. Competitive salary and benefits are available. Please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Responsible for Incoming Inquiry Management and Proactive Sales Efforts.
• Responsible for Outgoing Proactive Sales Efforts for our Guided Group Journeys.
• Principally responsible for answering the phone, qualifying customers, selling group and custom journeys, task management, data entry and other administrative duties are required.
• Responsible for having a certain level of regional knowledge within the Rocky Mountains, Alaska, Pacific Northwest, Desert Southwest, Mexico, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Peru, Patagonia, Australia, New Zealand, and select Pacific Islands.
• Provide customer support and manage inquiry for the Airstream 2 Go travel program.
• Work directly with prospects and clients to determine whether they are custom travelers or group travelers.
• Work directly with customers over the phone and be able to build relationships. This includes correspondence with prospects/clients via phone, email and letters; offer clients appropriate trip options per your assessment of their travel interests, activity level, budget, and expectations.
• Book, invoice, and input Guided Group Journey traveler information.
• Advise and sell travel insurance to Guided Group travelers.
• Manage the collection of payments for Guided Group Journey travels.
• Work directly with customers concerning post trip evaluations and overall trip comments.
• Provide periodic analysis of product quality and profitability, and competitive analysis of other travel companies offering trips within the region.
• Participate in the achievement of specific company revenue and profit margin goals.
Qualifications: Candidate must have previous office experience and preferably experience in the travel industry. Candidate must have excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills. Position requires excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and a positive "can-do" attitude. Proficiency on PC systems and cloud-based systems for marketing automation, lead and prospect management, and trip and bookings management. Applications used but not limited to Salesforce, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Salary and Benefits: Base salary dependent upon experience, with incentive based compensation achievable through measurement of company goals/profits. Health and vacation benefits available.
Start Date: Immediately