Jobs at OBP
GROUP LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (posted February 7, 2014)
Off the Beaten Path has an opening for a full-time Planning and Logistics Specialist in our Group Travel Services department. Qualified candidates are career-oriented and motivated to play an essential role in a growing company. Proven customer service experience and strong aptitude for multi-tasking are key. Equally important is the ability to comfortably work with numbers – you will be calculating tax rates, commissions, margins, profits, and revenue to meet targets. Strong computer skills with Microsoft Excel and Word are indispensable, as is past administrative office experience. The candidate we select must also have superb communication skills – both written and verbal. These skills will primarily be used maintaining current business partnerships, negotiating rates and contracts, establishing new partnerships and as the role progresses development of new travel experiences. Personal accountability for accuracy is of utmost importance, and a high level of organization, orientation to detail and a quick, efficient work ethic are CRITICAL for success in this role.
We offer have a collegial, team-focused atmosphere where a genuine appreciation for our co-workers is promoted through our friendly camaraderie and communication. Given the nature of our industry, a genuine love of travel and an affinity for the importance of travel as a critical element of a life well-lived, are essential. Competitive salary and benefits offered.
You will be responsible for reserving, managing and assisting in the planning, logistics and production of group journeys. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Creating and managing accommodation, activity, guide, transportation and meal reservations for current and future journeys.
- Establishing and developing strong, positive, working relationships with provider partners, including the negotiation of future terms and contracts.
- Managing written and oral correspondence to liaise between trip stakeholders (clients, vendors, internal OBP departments).
- Efficiently managing information related to travel experiences (development, organization, storage, access).
- Using clear, creative writing skills to facilitate and enhance the delivery of client travel information.
- Consistently evaluating current methods of operation to maximize and streamline the preparation and delivery of exceptional travel experiences.
- Selling the Off the Beaten Path concept – whether it be to partners, vendors or new potential clients.
- Assisting in the travel planning process, and ultimately “owning” the sales, planning and management of all group travel services.
- Working with other travel planners to learn regional information and understand the OBP travel style, adding your own experiences/recommendations to the journey concept.
- Candidate must have previous office experience and preferably experience in the travel industry and reservations and bookings.
- Candidate must have excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Proficiency on PC systems and with Excel, Word, and Outlook are critical.
- Position requires excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and a positive "can-do" attitude.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.