Trip Motif - Culture & History
Delving into the culture and history of a place is the true hallmark of an Off the Beaten Path style journey. Our territories are rich in tradition, from the cultures of yesterday’s Puebloan people and Wild West pioneers, to today’s gauchos and Indians. Do more than scratch the surface on your travels this year, dig deeper into the who, how, and why. Discover the present and explore the past—listen to the stories, sample the foods, talk to the locals; see things from a different perspective.
Culture & History Guided Group Journeys
- Alaska's Winter Magic: Northern lights, dog sledding, and helicopter sightseeing
- Deep in the Everglades: Going off the beaten path in Everglades National Park
- Exploring Patagonia: Mount FitzRoy, Estancia Helsingfors, and Perito Moreno Glacier
- Joshua Tree and Death Valley: With California quirk
- Legendary Canyon Country: Exploring Arches, Canyonlands, Monument Valley, and Mesa Verde
- North Rim Grand Canyon and Zion: A hiking extravaganza
- Puebloan Mystery: Mesa Verde, Chaco Canyon, and Canyon de Chelly
- Seasons of Yosemite: Giant sequoias, waterfalls, and welcoming trails
- The Great American West: Black Hills to Yellowstone National Park
- Walking Through Peru: Cusco, Sacred Valley, and 4-day trek to Machu Picchu
- Wild New Zealand: Abel Tasman to the Southern Alps
Other Options for Off the Beaten Path Culture & History Adventures
Private Custom Journeys: Meet history and culture personally, face-to-face.
Ranch Vacations: Immerse yourself in the real West on a working ranch, where you’re more likely to be handed a fence stretcher than a room key.