Trip Motif - Hiking & Walking
If your cruising speed is “one step at a time,” walk this way. Whether you’re a casual walker or a die-hard hiker, we have a trip and a trail—slot canyon, beach, boardwalk, backcountry byway—for you. Going afoot is the best way to truly get off the beaten path, so all of our group adventures incorporate daily walks. That said, hiking and walking are most central to the journeys listed below.
Hiking and Walking Guided Group Journeys
- Amazonas Adventure: A lodge-based exploration of Peru's Amazonian rainforest
- Big Island Adventure: Hawaiian fun and discovery
- Big Secret, Big Bend: Chisos Mountains, Chihuahuan Desert
- Costa Rica, Off the Beaten Path: Wildlife, rivers, rainforest
- Crown of the Continent: Exploring Glacier and Waterton National Parks
- Essence of Yellowstone and Grand Teton: Travertine terraces to the Snake River
- Exploring Patagonia: Mount FitzRoy, Estancia Helsingfors, and Perito Moreno Glacier
- Grand Canyon and Zion: Active fun in red rock country
- Legendary Canyon Country: Exploring Arches, Canyonlands, Monument Valley, and Mesa Verde
- North to Alaska: Denali National Park to the Kenai Peninsula
- Puebloan Mystery: Exploring the lost civilizations of Chaco Canyon and Canyon de Chelly
- Seasons of Yosemite: Fun and wonder
- Travel + Leisure's Transformation Vacation: The Greater Yellowstone - A Responsible Travel Journey
- Walking Through Peru: Cusco, Sacred Valley, and 4-day trek to Machu Picchu
- Yellowstone for Fun : Outdoors under the Big Sky
- Yellowstone Wildlife Safari: Looking for wolves, bears, and other wild things in Yellowstone National Park
- Yosemite Winter Romp: Stay and play
- Zion and Beyond: Hiking and exploring Zion, Bryce, and Grand Staircase-Escalante
Other Options for Off the Beaten Path Hiking & Walking Adventures
Private Custom Journeys: Whether you want to hike by day and sleep in lodges by night, or do a multi-day hiking trip (with llamas, horses, goats—or you) carrying your gear, we can arrange everything.
Ranch Vacations: We know some ranches that offer great hiking into super areas to explore on foot.