Trip Motif - Hiking & Walking
If your cruising speed is “one step at a time,” walk this way. Whether you’re a casual walker or a die-hard hiker, we have a trip and a trail—slot canyon, beach, boardwalk, backcountry byway—for you. Going afoot is the best way to truly get off the beaten path, so all of our group adventures incorporate daily walks. That said, hiking and walking are most central to the journeys listed below.
Hiking and Walking Guided Group Journeys
- Afoot in the Galapagos: Hike, bike, kayak, and snorkel the Galapagos
- Big Secret, Big Bend: The Chisos Mountains and Chihuahuan Desert
- Costa Rica, Off the Beaten Path: Wildlife, rivers, rainforest
- Crown of the Continent: Hiking and exploring Glacier and Waterton National Parks
- Essence of Yellowstone and Grand Teton: Wildlife-watching, floating, and discovery
- Exploring Patagonia: Mount FitzRoy, Estancia Helsingfors, and Perito Moreno Glacier
- Joshua Tree and Death Valley: With California quirk
- Legendary Canyon Country: Exploring Arches, Canyonlands, Monument Valley, and Mesa Verde
- North to Alaska: Denali National Park to the Kenai Peninsula
- Puebloan Mystery: Mesa Verde, Chaco Canyon, and Canyon de Chelly
- Seasons of Yosemite: Giant sequoias, waterfalls, and welcoming trails
- Travel + Leisure's Transformation Vacation: The Greater Yellowstone - A Responsible Travel Journey
- Vintage Northwest: Classic hikes and lodges in Olympic and Mount Rainier National Parks
- Walking Through Peru: Cusco, Sacred Valley, and 4-day trek to Machu Picchu
- Wild New Zealand: Abel Tasman to the Southern Alps
- Yellowstone for Fun : Outdoors under the Big Sky
- Yellowstone Wildlife Safari: Spring and fall wildlife-watching
- Zion and Beyond: Hiking and exploring Zion, Bryce, and Grand Staircase-Escalante
Other Options for Off the Beaten Path Hiking & Walking Adventures
Private Custom Journeys: Whether you want to hike by day and sleep in lodges by night, or do a multi-day hiking trip (with llamas, horses, goats—or you) carrying your gear, we can arrange everything.
Ranch Vacations: We know some ranches that offer great hiking into super areas to explore on foot.